Going down memory lane with Eleanor the last 5 months.
She’s so lovely! I never thought I could ever love another human being since we already had 2 kids, but man she’s the icing on our cake. She’s so awesome, and the last 5 months have been amazing. I can’t sit here and say she’s been an angel 100% of the time, but she’s probably been the easiest baby that I’ve cared for.
I’m adding her photos below, but bare with the quality of the images. They’re not professionally taken and majority are taken with my phone. I should be picking up my DSLR more, but my Iphone is a much easier and convenient reach.
Also, no one in the family has taken any professional photos together. I’m hoping that we can do it before she turns 6 months old, but we’ll see.
Eleanor just turned 5 months at the end of April. Based on what the doctors say or what you read online she should have reached a bunch of milestones. Let me breakdown what we have accomplished thus far! I’m only listing what we have accomplished hitting the 5 month mark and not what she hit at each month.
- She is still breastfeeding regularly. I have introduced her to soft foods, but she only gets that every other day. The Dr. recommended that we exclusively breastfed and take advantage of it. If we want to give her food we can, but he just suggests to stick to breastfeeding.
- She makes really good eye contact and can recognize who’s around her. She can definitely determine who we are to her.
- She does not like tummy time. She despises it, and even though we do it on the daily, she will lay there like a dead fish and refuses to cooperate.
- She can sit in her little chair with support. She can hold her head up in her little chair without her tipping over.
- She can play with her soft toys
- She can grab things on her own.
- She fits in a size 6-9 months, but we’re gearing up to the 9 month old clothing soon. Anything 6 months old definitely does NOT fit.
- She weighs about 15 lbs. or so.
- She enjoys being read to. If she’s crying and I grab a book and read to her she immediately stops.
- Not a big fan of several baby food that contains pears or meat.
As mentioned earlier, I’m hoping that we get to take some professional family photos soon. Maybe we can ask one of our friends or family members to do it for us. I “tried” starting a mini daily scrapbook for the family on a Happy Planner (Memory Keeping), but I stopped because I got super busy at home. I didn’t have time to just sit there and scrapbook whenever I wanted. I need to get all their pictures in order sometime soon. That way I won’t be backed up on my phone with countless of photos that no one gets to enjoy.
Anyway, here’s to the next several months of Eleanor’s life that I can’t wait to share with you all, cheers! I’ll be working on a similar post for Penny and Ryu! Their birthday’s are coming up and I’m excited to share whatever we may plan to do with them.